Talking textiles. Crafting community. Stitching stories.
• A cloth made by knitting, weaving or felting fibres as well as the texture or quality of such cloth.
cloth, material, textile
• A complex underlying structure,
e.g. the fabric of society.
framework, organization, foundation
• A structural material such as masonry or timber and the physical structure made from this material.
structure, construction, infrastructure
• A fine cord, filament, fibre or a fine cord of twisted filaments.
strand, fibre, yarn
• Something acting as the continuous link or theme of a whole theme.
storyline, train of thought
• To pass through or to string. To thread a needle or to thread beads.
• To make one’s way through or over something.
move, pass, meander
At THE FABRIC THREAD we are:
Talking Textiles: We discuss, learn and talk about textiles, threads, yarn, cloth, and fabric.
Crafting Community: We find the origins and the roots of skills like spinning, weaving, dyeing, knitting, and stitching. We visit the people whose lives are defined by these trades and crafts.
Stitching Stories: We follow the thread, spin a yarn, and tell stories of the people, places and products that owe their lives and livelihood to fabric and thread.